The Heinrich Böll Foundation (hbs) is a political foundation with an affiliation to the German Green Party. Fostering democracy and upholding human rights, taking action to prevent the destruction of the global ecosystem, advancing equality between women and men, securing peace through conflict prevention in crisis zones, and defending the freedom of individuals against excessive state and economic power – these are the objectives that drive the ideas and actions of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. We maintain close ties with the German Green Party (Alliance 90/The Greens) and as a think-and-do-tank for green visions and projects, we are part of an international network encompassing well over 100 partner projects in approximately 60 countries. The Heinrich Böll Foundation works independently and nurtures a spirit of intellectual openness. We maintain a world wide network with currently 35 international offices.
The foundation is in the process of opening an office in Seoul that will cover the East Asia region.
To supervise and organize the financial operations of the office we are looking to hire a Finance Officer. Roles include:
• Establishing, implementing and controlling financial work flows based on the rules and regulations of the foundation, the German & Korean governments and possibly other donors
• Establishing, implementing and controlling other administrative procedures of the office in support of the Office Director
• Advising those who are seeking funding from the foundation, as well as project management staff how to comply with our rules and regulations
• Active management of cash and non-cash assets and accounts
• Management of tax and social security obligations
• Management of personnel files and pay slips
• Financial reporting
• Contact with our HQ to manage in- and outgoing funds, annual reporting and other issues
• Supervision of one accountant
• Occasional willingness to travel for training
• Going beyond routine tasks, proactive contributions provided to process improvement and increased efficiency
• Actively participate in developing best practices and standard operating procedures, streamlining financial operations, and enhancing performance
A fair salary negotiable based upon prior experience.
While the office is currently in establishment, we are based in Euljiro, but hope to move to a bigger space in central Seoul in the next months.
We are looking for a diligent, self-motivated team player with experience in financial management/auditing/accounting/controlling or similar work. Attention to detail is a must, a related degree a plus, but a lack of the latter can be compensated for by proper work experience. Proficiency in MS Excel is needed. You should have a working command of Korean and English (enough to communicate with non-Korean speakers, you do not need to have perfect command of English grammar), knowledge of other languages (esp. German or Japanese) is a plus. Willingness to help others understand and comply with rules and regulations. Experience in dealing with governmental donors and an NGO-environment are desirable.
2023-09-15 ~ 2023-09-30
Please send your CV and a brief email introducing yourself to email@example.com until 30.09.2023.
Our office has a dynamic environment with flat hierarchies and nice people. We value a work-life balance and strive for a 40-hour work week.